Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Trapped in Ruby Tuesday's

This story started the night before I headed west to Ohio to fish. All winter I wanted to drive around in four wheel drive in a deep snow storm and pull someone out of the ditch with my new truck. Well minutes before I got home, I got a call from a co-worker asking if I could come back out and help a lady stuck in a ditch. Score, spun the truck around and out I went, after pulling her out of the ditch I returned home to pack for my trip. Waking up at 5:30 to 8-10 inches of snow on the ground the truck went into four wheel drive until I hit Pittsburgh. Winter was now complete, so what better way to welcome the spring than a few steelhead?

Justin Pribanic a fellow guide and friend asked me to come out for a few days of hard fishing, I welcomed the idea and after the first day of freezing our asses off, we found ourselves in a Red Robbin eating a burger and some wings. We were the last ones in the restaurant besides one family, and we couldn't get our check for some reason. Justin says "man I feel like we are trapped in Ruby Tuesday's" I just laughed because that was the third time we called Red Robbin, Ruby Tuesdays that night.

Anyway, those are the none fishing stories from the trip. Justin and I did in fact fish hard for 3 days, on the water early and not off until we couldn't see. We swung flies, fished bobbers, and walked a lot. It was all worth it with 8-10 fish days maybe more, we didn't keep count. The primary tactic was swinging and it was very productive, Justin really knows his water and his flies. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment