Saturday, January 3, 2015

Big Spring - New Years Day

The Parenti's, very loyal customers of the shop, and great friends of mine, made me an offer I couldn't refuse. If they paid for gas, brought lunch, and hot coco, in return I would show them one of my favorite streams in PA, Big Spring. How could anyone say No to that, I sure couldn't. So off we went to greet the new year in style. It was an awesome day on the water with lots of fish to hand, including a couple gems. If fishing with them wasn't good enough, my good buddy and the Orvis sales rep Doug, meet up with us for a couple hours. He brought some new rods to try out, the Recon and Superfine. I was lucky enough to test the Recon on a very nice rainbow. I will be doing a review on these rods in the near future. To no surprise, sow bugs, pheasant tails, and midges were the hot flies, we even got a couple fish to eat off the surface in the evening.

What a great way to ring in the New Year!!!

























No comments:

Post a Comment