Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Out Before the Storm

I was a little nervous to head south yesterday with the threat of freezing rain and snow. I hadn't been out for almost two weeks, so I had to go. I made a solo trip down to the Letort and Big Spring yesterday. Checking out a section of the Letort that I had never fished before. It ended up being more of a walk along the creek with a fly rod, rather than a fishing trip. About mid day the rain started and I decided to head down to Big Spring. There was no one on the creek and I was in heaven. I fished until around 2:00 pm and then headed for home. By the time I got home the car was covered in ice and the parking lot was a skating rink. Made it home just in time :)

Hot Flies: Sow Bug, Thread Body Olive, CDC Olive, and Zebra Midge






No comments:

Post a Comment