Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Big Spring: First Guide Trip to 30th Birthday

As many of you know, there is a special spot in my heart for Big Spring. I love all PA spring creeks for many reasons, from their stories and their challenging techniques. I did my first trip of 2016 on Big Spring and it was great success. I took long time client Mike Orr out there so he could challenge his fly fishing skills. After a few little guys we got into multiple large ones, we only landed one, but he loved the visual eats and the stealthy approach. Then where else would anyone want to celebrate their 30th birthday than the spring creeks in cumberland county. Rob, Jack and I spent the morning on Big Spring, but it got a bit crowded in the afternoon. So we headed over to the Letort for the afternoon. Big Spring was on fire for us, and it seemed they wanted nothing but sow bugs. The Letort was a different story, but all I really wanted was to see a large "dinosaur" brown trout. After a short walk, there he was. I even hooked him, but he was smarter than I and got off. It was just awesome.








SYE Sow Bug  









1 comment: