Tuesday, October 9, 2012

2 Days on the Tully

Sunday and Monday I found myself back in trout mode. Sunday I had the pleasure of fishing with Rob and Evan Thrash, Rob had been teaching his son Evan to cast in the front yard, thinking he was ready to get out on the water, he got Evan a float trip for his birthday. What a present! The water was a great level,  a little off color, and the temps were in the high 50s, perfect day. The fishing was pretty steady, mostly all nymphing. Worms, Midges, Pheasant Tails, and Sugar Daddy's were the ticket.

Around 2pm on Sunday, I met with a repeat client from the Steelhead Camp Joey and I ran last fall, Carl Bear and his fishing buddy Jim. We fished till dark, it was the same program as the day before, all nymphing. Midges seemed to be the ticket with the pheasant tail not far behind.











Hot Flies: Zebra Midges, PT, Sugar Daddy, San Juan Worm

No comments:

Post a Comment