Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Oak Orchard - Year 4

Tuesday night after work, I met up with Steve "The Mailman" Nelson, for our annual midnight drive up to Oak Orchard for the tournament. We arrived just after midnight; we didn't waste much time setting the tone for the trip. Drinking until about two am, we hit the hay for a brief nap, until the four am alarm went off. It was five days of awesome fishing, not too many brown in the system, but the steelhead, and kings were there and ready to eat. One of the reasons I do this tournament, is the food, it is so good and there is no shortage of it. Each day we get breakfast, lunch, and dinner, everything is home cooked right there on the river, so I guess "riverside" cooked is more like it. Stoneflies were, again, my fly of choice for the whole tournament, hot bead head prince nymphs, and small eggs were also working well. One fly that I would have never thought to fish, the San Juan Worn, was cleaning up for one of the guys in our group. Anyway I could type for hours about the trip, but I'm going to let the pictures tell the story.































No comments:

Post a Comment