Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Good Day - Tully


Finally, I went trout fishing. It's been a while since I've fished my home waters; the Tully was fishing awesome this morning. Spent caddis and trico spinners were all over the place, with steady action from all trout. It was a little slower down river, so I started the day off nymphing, small pheasant tails, and caddis pupa. After a while, I headed up stream to find some open water around the water works. The fishing was awesome, but with low water comes picky fish and small tippet, 8x to the dries and 6x to the nymphs. Play your fish smart and get them in and out as quick as possible. The temp gauge is busted right now, so while I was out, I checked the temps everywhere I went. It's getting warm out there, mid 60's so please be mindful of the temps when fishing from here on out. 











No comments:

Post a Comment