Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A few Good Days - Schuylkill River

Well the high water and rain had stopped for a few days, and just like that I remember why I love smallmouth. Im sitting inside right now, because the rain decided to start again. I should be out on the water with clients, but 90% chance of rain and thunder storms, was just too high of odds for gambling, so we put it off another week. Next week is going to be a full one, with trips getting backed up further and further into the late summer.

Anyway, enough complaining about the weather, lets talk about how awesome the fishing has been. Its been awesome, not a lot of "Big" fish, but tons of average sized fish, ones big enough to double over a 6 or 8 weight rod. Relentless, thats why I love them, they have their feed bags on, and after this rain storm today and tomorrow, I don't think it will matter what you throw at them, they will be hungry. I had the pleasure of fishing with Rob and Shane all day yesterday, exploring a new section of river, the float was awesome until the 30 mph winds picked up, but even with that, it was a great day on the water. The take out was a bit crazy, but no one got hurt and the boat is safely on the trailer. Thanks Rob for the awesome shot of my boat.






















No comments:

Post a Comment