Thursday, August 21, 2014

Schuylkill River - What a Week!

Well its been one hell of a week on the river. Starting with a muddy early morning float with Nick and Shane, that ended with only a couple fish. Oh yeah, and Nick with a boat side eat from a huge musky, that didn't want her picture taken. After that, it was four out of five days on the water with clients. The new Crittermite bodies have been killing it, stop in the shop and grab a pack or two, and tie some up!

I have had some great clients on the boat this week, from two gentlemen that have gone with me 12 times in the past 4 years, to a couple new faces. This week on the water has reminded me how lucky I am to be a guide, and work for such an awesome company, in a very unique area. I love this river, it will make me question why I even fish, but then it will show me some of the best fish a guy could ask for. Top that with the ability to share it with others, I couldn't ask for a better job!

OK, now to the fishing report.  We have been doing a lot of swinging flies in the fast water and  slow striping streamers in the broken and slow water. These two techniques seem to be the most productive way to get these fish moving. Hellgrammites, Zuddler Minnows, and Crayfish are really the only flies left in my box.

Last story, Shane and I decided to explore a new river in the raft, we floated the Conestoga River, really cool system. Had a few nice fish and one Toad! 

























No comments:

Post a Comment