Thursday, December 24, 2015

Penn State and Stoneflies

The forecast was calling for almost 60 degrees, so when Andy called me to ask if I wanted to go fishing Monday, it was a no brainer. We were headed out to one of his favorite sections of the creek to fish nothing but stonefly nymphs. If you didn't know, stoneflies are my favorite to fish and tie. I was just excited to get out and walk the creek and fish something bigger than a size 18 zebra midge. The fishing was great in my mind, but Brian and Andy said it was a little slower than earlier the week before. They were convinced that it was the drastic drop in was water temps, despite the warm air temps. But it was still an awesome day and I can't wait to get out again soon.








Early Stages of a Foam Back Stonefly
Top and Bottom of the A&W Stonefly Fly Pattern


The infamous Griddle Bug Fly

My new favorite Stonefly Hook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment