Thursday, December 17, 2015

Quick and Final trip to the Salmon River

I made up my mind last December while digging my car out of a ditch on some backroad at 4 am, that I would not be guiding up there this year. Driving icy backroads at 4am in the morning can grow you a few white hairs, and when you start sliding around a sharp bend with a boat in tow, you might even lose a few. Unfortunately that meant I would not be up there much at all. Made it up once in November for a Simms meeting and a single day of fishing, and this last trip over the weekend. Jack, Rob, and I made the trip with plans to fish the DSR both days. After day one with only one little steelhead to hand, we were not in any hurry to get on the water the next day. When we made it to the parking lot after breakfast at a local diner and there were only four cars in the DSR parking lot we knew it was going to be tough. Covering almost the entire DSR both days, we never gave up, but that didn't matter, there where no fish to be had. One steelhead and a lot of casting practice, but when you are doing it with friends who cares about the fish. I mean we all would have loved to catch more fish, but we made the best of it and had a blast. Till next year Salmon River!

New Simms Large Sling packs, are awesome!

Small and colored up, but she had heart! Love Steelhead.



No comments:

Post a Comment