Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Steelhead and Browns

Joey, Leland and I decided the best way to celebrate St. Patty's day would be go fishing. We headed north after work on Saturday, arriving in Pulaski just in time to pop a top and deal some cards. We took Joey's boat, decided the flows were right and head down with the current. The fishing was slow, fishing pressure wasn’t too bad, but fishing for steelhead in a T-shirt just can’t be beat.




Sunday, after spending half the day getting my boat ready for the fast approaching season, I headed to a small wild brown trout stream. The fishing was awesome, fish were very active on the surface, keying in on Midges and BWOs. I spent most of the time exploring pockets I hadn’t fished before, and flipping rocks over to survey the bug life. I found all kinds of bugs; caddis, BWOs, Sulphurs, but the best discovery was the Golden Stone!








Hot Flies: Pheasant Tails, Zebra Midge, Midge Pop, Sugar Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment