Thursday, June 14, 2012

Just Another Day on the Stream

We have been out a couple times this week. Even with the muddy and slightly higher water, fishing has been awesome. Leland and I had a great time fishing the Water-Works on Monday, we had fish on all forms of fishing, streamers, nymphs and caddis on top. Tricos have been present every morning. I have not seen too many fish keyed in on them with this muddy water, but I suspect as soon as it clears and comes down about 100cfs, it will be on!

I recently purchased a Winston BIIt 803-4, this has to be my new favorite rod. It is a perfect rod for small streams in eastern pa, well really all across the state. A little too soft to throw streamers, but throwing an indicator and 2 nymphs can be done. It was designed for dry fly fishing, and thats what it excels at, presenting a small dry fly to picky fish, hasn't been easier. I have to say this rod will become my primary eastern PA dry fly rod for sure. If you like a slower rod, or a dry fly specific rod, this might be something to consider next time you are looking into a new rod.








Hot Flies: CDC Caddis, Sculpzila Jr., Sugar Daddy, Caddis Larva, Sunken Trico


No comments:

Post a Comment