Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Schuylkill River Smallmouth

Well despite the rain, and muddy water, smallmouth season has started. After postponing a couple trips due to the high and muddy water, I was able to get out this past weekend to do a couple trips. Most of the pictures were taken by the clients, I'm waiting on them, but here are a few from my camera. But first lets get to the report, the water has dropped to a great floating level, it is still a bit off color, and the temps are in the high 60s still. I have been fishing slow, and keeping the flies very close to the bottom, that seems to be working the best. Small bait fish patterns, Hellgrammites, Sculpin patterns, and Zuddlers have all been producing fish. I'm hoping to get out a few more times this week to do some "research"on a couple new floats, lets see if the weather with hold until then.






No comments:

Post a Comment