Friday, December 28, 2012

George's Fly Box (or Bag)

The weekend before last, I had the pleasure of fishing up on the Salmon River with George and Chris. After an early wake up, 4 hour drive, and getting geared up in the parking lot, we made our way down to the stream. I was standing there looking up and down the river, no one in sight, I must have had a look on my face that George recognized from his own. He looked at me and said "you love this, don't you?!", I thought to myself, was this a complement, question, or just a statement, I wasn't sure. After a while of thinking, I realized it was that crazy look on my face, saying "I love this", that George recognized, so yeah it was a complement.

Anyway after that rant, I'll get into the real story. I was rigging my switch rod with a streamer, when George asks me "" what is your favorite color?"I look up to a quart Ziplock bag full of flies... 


Not much more to be said about that...

We fished all day, it was kinda slow, but we had most of the DSR all to ourselves and that was worth the trip in itself. Chris landed the first Steelhead a pretty bright hen. Then we moved down stream and George got into a nice one. We fished for a long while before George was hooked up again, it was a nice Brown, a while later and George was into a couple small skippers and that was our day. 

It wasn't until about 5 minutes before we were about to leave that I finally had a little action (maddening action). I had a fish eat my indicator, 4 TIMES! it was awesome, but that was it for me.








1 comment: