Tube Flies have real advantages over conventional flies:
· Pattern size and style aren’t dependent on hook size or style.
· Hook can be placed further back in the pattern resulting in more hook ups.
· Many tube choices - including weight, color, size, shape and length options.
· Less hook leverage with shorter shank tube hook when fighting fish resulting in more landed fish.
· Fly slides up leader and away from sharp teeth during fight.
· If hook breaks or dulls simply replace it.
· Many hook choices including treble, double and single.
· Change easily from barbed or barbless.
· Can use non stainless hooks in saltwater.
· Incorporate cones and beads to add and adjust weight of flies.
· Tie convertible flies – mix and match tailing material.
|Great Lakes Steelhead that feel to a Leech Tube Fly|
|Variation of a classic, Green Butt Bunny Skunk|
|Tube Fly Sculpin Pattern|